This 4th edition (released in January 2021) has been fully updated and revised and includes more than 330 color photos and everything you need to know about building a Bill Monroe-style F5 mandolin. The text includes: a primer on musical acoustics, wood selection, graduating the soundboard and backboard, making the neck, truss rod installation, assembling the body, tap tuning, building the fretboard, installing frets, pearl inlay, neck joints, binding the body and peghead, coloring and finishing, string selection, set up, and much more. A super treatise on mandolin building. (2.8 lbs.)
Introduction by heralded luthier Steven Gilchrist
- 12˝ x 9˝ spiral bound text.
- 150 text pages
- 330+ color photographs
- Luthier signature labels
- Tap tuning and deflection tuning techniques
- 21 full-size fold-out ProSeries F5 construction drawings
- 2 full-size fold-out fixture drawings
- 10 full-size peghead inlay drawings
- Musical frequency charts
Purchasers of this book also like our F5 Mandolin Templates and Fixture Drawings.