PLEASE NOTE: Now in final stages of production, this book is marked "SOLD OUT" until it becomes available on March 1, 2012. Watch this space!
To be released March 1, 2022 ... this 2nd edition of The Art of Tap Tuning is a treatise on musical acoustics that describes the process of building stringed musical instruments and adjusting the frequencies of the parts to produce excellent tone. The great violin luthiers of the 15th and 16th Centuries learned that excellence in tone can be achieved through a process called "tap tuning." Written by renowned author Roger H. Siminoff with more than six decades of luthierie experience, and almost as many years dedicated to tap tuning, this revised edition of The Art of Tap Tuning reveals ground-breaking information on how tap tuning works and how to apply it to instruments you build to produce the best sounding stringed acoustical instruments. The text is accompanied by a secure-access 55-minute video with numerous live tap tuning demonstrations.
- 8-1/2” x 11˝
- 76 pages, hard bound
- Fully illustrated with more than 95 diagrams and color photos
- Primer on musical acoustics
- Tone bar tunings for 12 instruments
- An Appendix on Lloyd Loar's tuning techniques for the F5, H5, and L5
- An Appendix by Lloyd Loar on What Sound Boards Do And How They Do It
- 55-minute video loaded with live tap tuning demonstrations (available for streaming on-line from any device via secure-code access)