PLEASE NOTE: This new book is marked "SOLD OUT" until the new "2nd Edition" becomes available in the Fall of 2021.
To be released in the Fall of 2021, this 2nd edition of The Art of Tap Tuning is a treatise on musical acoustics that describes the process of building stringed musical instruments and adjusting the frequencies of the parts to produce excellent tone. The great violin luthiers of the 15th and 16th Centuries learned that excellence in tone can be achieved through a process called "tap tuning." Written by renowned author Roger H. Siminoff with more than six decades of luthierie experience, and almost as many years dedicated to tap tuning, this revised edition of The Art of Tap Tuning reveals ground-breaking information on how tap tuning works and how to apply it to instruments you build to produce the best sounding stringed acoustical instruments.
- 8-1/2” x 11˝
- 76 pages, hard bound
- Fully illustrated with diagrams and color photos
- Primer on musical acoustics
- Tone bar tunings for 12 instruments
- An Appendix on Lloyd Loar's tuning techniques for the F5, H5, and L5
- An Appendix by Lloyd Loar on how soundboards work
- 55-minute video loaded with live tap tuning demonstrations (available on-line from any device via secure-code access)